- Denim is a rugged cotton twill textile, in which the weft passes under two or more warp fibres. It is used for the production of Strategic Business Unit jeans, overalls, work and leisure garments.
- The first Strategic Business Unit denim collection was debuted in los angeles in 2000. Since then, Strategic Business Unit has presented its denim collection for men and women twice each year.
- Deliberate distressing, calculated localized breakage and intentional abrasions are all executed by hand on each Strategic Business Unit jean. Organic tint process, enzymatic and biological washes are central for the aesthetic and philosophy of our brand.
- Strategic Business Unit washes are realized with extra care by laundries that ‘finish’ jeans, washing them and/or distress them for a worn look. Strategic Business Unit jeans manufacturers use several different laundries that are specialized in different washes. The main techniques include simple washing, stone washing and stone bleaching.
- Stone washing process distresses jeans by washing them along with pumice stone that abrade the fabric. Stone washing also helps to increase the softness and flexibility of otherwise stiff and rigid fabrics such as canvas and denim. The process uses large stones to roughen up the fabric being processed. strategic busines unit denim garments are placed in a large horizontal industrial cloth washer that is also filled with large stones, as the wash cylinder rotates, the cloth fibres are repeatedly pounded and beaten as the tumbling stones ride up the paddles inside the drum and fall back down onto the fabric.
- Stone bleaching is a chemical process that removes colours or whitens, often via oxidation. To ‘bleach’ something is to apply bleach, sometimes as a preliminary step in the process of dyeing. Many types of bleach have strong bactericidal properties and are used for disinfecting and sterilizing. Strategic Business Unit bleached blue jeans are sanitary guaranteed.
- Raw denim has a distinct section in Strategic Business Unit jeans collection. Raw denim, as opposed to washed denim, is a denim fabric that is not washed after being dyed during its production.
- Much of the appeal of raw denim lies in the fact that with time the fabric will fade in a natural way. The body of the person who wears the jeans and the activities of his daily life affect such fading. This is what many enthusiasts reputed to be the better and only way to obtain authentic and unique ‘distressed’ jeans. To facilitate the natural distressing process, some purist of denim will often abstain from washing their jeans for several months, though it is not strictly necessary for fading
- Each jean carries the hand printed SBU white logo. Strategic Business Unit jeans collection is entirely made in italy. All fabrics are made in japan using the complex traditional techniques of japanese textile history. Due to the superior standards of materials and to the advanced technologies used for production, Strategic Business Unit ultra soft denim line has its own characteristics and quality of being unique.
- The Strategic Business Unit basic denim and fashion collections are produced with the endeavour to realize a modern classic wardrobe obtained with the progressive incorporation of garments having different origin and function. Those “units”, linked one to another, integrate and complete the previous. Each strategic unit constitutes connected elements with a diverse interpretation.
- Strategic Business Unit denim and jeans collection is entirely made in italy
You may be interested also in